Dedicated to giving you the very best gadget news focus on smartphone, gadgets and technology. If you want a new smartphone and want a near-flagship experience without paying flagship pricing, then the Black Shark 4 won’t disappoint.
The triggers are magnetic so they tend to slide out at the slightest movement. You can usually rely on Xiaomi to provide very good displays for its phones, and the 6.67-inch Super AMOLED screen on the Black Shark 4 Pro is no exception. It has a maximum refresh rate of 144Hz, support for HDR10+, and a maximum brightness of 1300 nits.
From playing games to getting some work done, the Black Shark 4 was able to handle everything that I threw at it. The Snapdragon 870 may not have the same clock speeds as something like the Snapdragon 888, but it can definitely keep up. Obviously, this is helped with the RAM combination being used (8GB in our model), but the CPU is enough of a horse to be more than sufficient for pretty much anything. As for the Black Shark 5 Pro’s fast charging, it’s very effective. Especially since Black Shark offers a feature called Dual-mode Charge that allows you to choose from two fast charging methods.
Shark Space is the dedicated gaming centre of the Black Shark series. You can either tap on the app or press and hold both the trigger buttons to activate it. That would be remarkable progress and is faster than the claimed speed of Oppo’s 125W flash charge tech that was announced in summer 2020.
- Featuring the full suite of Snapdragon Elite GamingTM technologies, the SnapdragonTM 870 boosts processing speeds by 12% and GPU speeds by 10% for elite mobile performance.
- It takes only 5 minutes to charge to 50%, and less than 15 mins to be fully charged.
- There’s a mix of colors https://crispx.com/2023/04/20/unlocking-the-potential-of-your-sm-g530t-with/ for the Black Shark to process and the camera does a fairly decent job at it.
- You can switch between 60Hz, 90Hz, and 144Hz screen refresh rates and change the display’s color scheme and temperature manually.
- Adopting the parent company’s eye view, Black Shark phones usually bundle heavy-duty gear with lower mid-range price tags.
- Connectivity features include Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and dual 5G SIM support.
You’d be better off grabbing one of the newer options from ASUS, Red Magic, or even a true-blue flagship like the Samsung Galaxy S22. Everything works in harmony but you can actually see the results on the glorious 6.67-inch AMOLED panel.